Delaying vaccines may reduce autism risk in your child.
While vaccinations have done wonders for the world in the last century, it’s helpful to delay vaccinations to a schedule that is less taxing on a baby's immune system. This means no vaccines at birth and then using the 1983 vaccination schedule, which is more conservative.
Avoid unnecessary vaccinations like the flu shot.
The following books are excellent sources to see the pros and cons of vaccinations, although the authors do view the current vaccination schedule as far too rough and dangerous for our children.
They provide an alternative, safer (they feel) schedule. Remember to not vaccinate a sick or recently sick child! Do not vaccinate a child on or recently on antibiotics, because the gut is stripped of good gut flora. The author also recommends that shots are given separately.
Also, for older children, you can have a titer test to see if they truly need a MMR booster or if they are already immune. If you were already going to jab them, why not do it to check that the viruses given to them are needed?
US Government (2009): Give 26 Shots to Babies Before Age 2
US Government (1983): Give 8 Shots to Babies Before Age 2
Here's an interesting article from Dr. Mayer Eisenstein:
DON'T VACCINATE BEFORE YOU EDUCATE
20th century medicine has been shown to be false in many of its assumptions while it has held physicians with non-interventionist philosophies to a higher standard than interventionist physicians. The unscientific reasoning, "I think therefore I believe" has replaced scientific evidence based decision making. How can we have trust in a medical system, which has been shown to be untrue in some of its practice? The answer is with great skepticism. Let us hope that scientific reason will prevail and the motto for the 21st Century will become "The scientific evidence points in that direction, therefore I believe."
Vaccine proponents claim that the benefits of childhood vaccination are undeniable. However, at the same time vaccine opponents point out that the incidents of autism, diabetes, and other chronic immune and neurological dysfunction in children have increased dramatically in the last 30 years. This points out the difficulty in making an informed decision to vaccinate or not to vaccinate.
Here Is the Core of My Concern
1. There is no convincing scientific evidence that mass inoculations can be credited with eliminating any childhood disease. . . .
2. It is commonly believed that the Salk vaccine was responsible for halting the polio epidemics that plagued American children in the 1940's and 1950's. If so, why did the epidemics also end in Europe, where polio vaccine was not so extensively used? . . . .
3. There are significant risks associated with every vaccination and numerous contraindications that may make it dangerous for the shots to be given to your child. . . .
4. While the myriad short-term hazards of most vaccinations are known (but rarely explained), no one knows the long-term consequences of injecting foreign proteins into the body of your child. Even more shocking is the fact that no one is making any structured effort to find out.
5. There is a growing suspicion that vaccination against relatively harmless childhood diseases may be responsible for the dramatic increase in autoimmune diseases since the introduction of mass inoculations. These are life altering diseases such as cancer, leukemia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, asthma, autism.
6. Vaccines contain many ingredients of which the public is not aware. These are just some of the ingredients used in production of vaccines:
* Ethylene glycol - antifreeze* Phenol - also known as carbolic acid. This is used as a disinfectant, dye. * Formaldehyde - a known cancer causing agent*Aluminum - is associated with Alzheimer's disease and seizures, also cancer producing in laboratory mice. It is used as an additive to promote antibody response.* Thimerosal - a mercury disinfectant/ preservative. It can result in brain injury and autoimmune disease.* Neomycin, Streptomycin - antibiotics which have caused allergic reactions in some people.
7. These vaccines are also grown on and strained thru animal or human tissue such as monkey kidney tissue, chicken embryo, embryonic guinea pig cells, calf serum, human diploid cells (the dissected organs of aborted fetuses as in the case of rubella, hepatitis A, and chicken pox vaccines).
8. The problem with using animal cells is that during serial passage of the virus thru the animal cells, animal RNA and DNA can be transferred from one host to another. Undetected animal viruses may slip past quality control testing procedures, as happened during the years 1955 thru 1961. The polio vaccine, which was grown on the kidney of the African Green monkey (simian), was contaminated with SV40 (simian virus #40 - the 40th discovered) which differs from the prior 39 because it has oncogenic (cancer causing) properties. What other viruses could be slipping by from animal tissue, administered through vaccinations, that we don't know of?